It’s a process inspired (or quite literally copied) from Frankie magazine which is deadset the cats pyjamas.The best part is seeing what tidbits have really defined your year, both good and horrid: finally ending that thing of a relationship, eating raw fish for the first time, overcoming your fear of people not liking you, learning to drink wine.
Don’t be shy, jot your twenty down (MAYBE IN THE COMMENTS HUH!?). It’s a pretty cool thing when you realise you could write thirty, eighty, two hundred tiny little personal things that absolutely made your year.
- went overseas without my family for the first time 2. started a herb garden, twice. 3. had an operation 4. ran away from home for a little while 5. went camping 6. held a grudge 7. scored a try at Oz tag 8. consolidated my superannuation and tried to start a budget 9. bought a bike 10. became an oyster eater 11. learnt manual 12. hesitantly bought expensive leather shoes and loved them 13. dyed my hair 14. called an ambulance 15. caught an overnight train in Thailand 16. got food poisoning 17. slow danced in the middle of a mosh pit 18. had a bushwalking phase 19. went to work severely hung-over 20. got a fin chop
- got my first serious injury 2. visited the Bungle Bungles 3. projectile vomited 4. played for senior oz tag 5. learnt to drive 6. was thrown a surprise birthday party 7. got the most impressive shaving cut 8. saw Ed Sheeran in the pouring rain 9. pierced my cartilage spontaneously 10. camped on my deck 11. ate pizza in the bath 12. watched a friend blow a tire 13. found a dead bird 14. was condemned to hell twice in one lesson 15. went to a wedding 16. posted my first selfie on Instagram 17. Played ‘never have I ever’ with my teachers at leadership camp 18. lusted over a hover board 19. got nits; got rid of nits 20. discovered a cheezel addiction
- climbed the Great Wall of China 2. forgave and moved on 3. made my own clothes 4. got a puppy 5. quit law school 6. Attended Sydney Fashion Week as a VIP 7. dyed my hair blonde 8. watched the entire series of Gossip Girl 9. hung out with penguins at Phillip Island 10. started bush walking again 11. road tripped to Dubbo with my family 12. had dinner on the beach watching the sunset 13. cherished my friends and our endless shenanigans 14. got a credit card 15. owned two cars at once 16. had a snowball fight in Beijing 17. redecorated my bedroom 18. accepted the fact that it’s okay not to have a concrete life plan 19. manually washed a car for the first time 20. spent $100 on a bottle of vodka
- hung ten on a mal 2. got three jobs 3. got glandular fever without even kissing anyone 4. got my first hickey 5. gave my first hickey 6. reread my favourite book series 7. snapped a surfboard 8. shot zombies with a nerf gun 9. learnt that your leg contains a bicep muscle 10. tried drinking wine 11. learnt massage 12. called in sick to work for the first time 13. suited up 14. went to the gym consistently 15. attempted to grow a beard 16. had my car broken into 17. stopped chewing my nails 18. replaced my favourite grey shirt, finally. 19. kissed under mistletoe 20. started a sock collection
- woke up in Paris 2. chased Arnold Schwarzenegger 3. saved man’s best friend from a shelter 4. lost weight 5. put it back on, lost it again 6. attended a grand final 7. met a former Prime Minister 8. visited the outback 9. fell over snowboarding, a lot 10. grew a mo 11. recorded a video for YouTube but never uploaded it 12. enrolled in Summer School 13. saved for a house 14. purchased handmade shoes 15. binged a TV series 16. forgave 17. let my hair grow 18. got a flat battery 19. bought a stranger a coffee 20. walked across the Harbour Bridge
- applied for college 2. graduated college 3. came to grips with my dislike for tomatoes 4. moved in with my partner 5. discovered my pet-peeve of incorrectly hung towels 6. worked four jobs 7. became a makeup artist 8. travelled to New Zealand…for one night 9. was in a mosh pit 10. saw a loved one struggle really hard 11. became best friends with my dog 12. learnt to shrug things off 13. bought seven iPhone cases 14. made a bear of my partner 15. missed my brother and sister-in-law 16. threw an epic Halloween party 17. learnt to wear no make up and be okay with it 18. ate a LOT of sushi 19. quit three jobs 20. learnt to get angry and be okay with it…most of the time.
- stayed in the city and saw Wicked 2. had a week off school because of a cyclone 3. struggled to decide whether that dress was blue and black or white and gold 4. bought my first car 5. learnt to juggle 6. went to my first music festival 7. figured out what procrastination was 8. turned eighteen the day before HSC trials 9. went to my first Sydney Swans match 10. was taxed 11. saw the Rocky Horror Show 12. my house leaked after a hailstorm 13. was part of a travelling trivia hunt around the Central Coast 14. was part of fridge to fridge 15. finished school 16. went to JJAMM camp 17. got glammed up for formal 18. went in a hummer for the first time 19. was accepted into university 20. went to Queensland with friends.
- travelled to four different countries 2. passed and failed uni 3. shot a rifle 4. went to a stand up show 5. still haven’t learned to surf 6. got my full license 7. won over $1000 8. spent that $1000 9. ended a weird, kinda-not-a-relationship relationship 10. travelled to Queensland 11. worked the most I ever have in my life 12. finally hit 90kg 13. found out about the best TV show ever 14. watched my older brother get engaged 15. really got into appreciation of African American culture 16. drank even more alcohol than last year 17. gained a new gym buddy 18. watched my sister finish primary school 19. partied with randoms on a booze cruise in Halong Bay 20. hardest of all, watched my grandmother pass away.
- discovered my love for mangoes 2. drank a pancake milkshake at a Hello Kitty Café 3. chased sheep in New Zealand 4. scaled Machu Picchu 5. learned some Japanese 6. binged on The Mentalist 7. went go-karting 8. ranked silver 9. pot-holed at my own party 10. was a groomsman 11. polished my car 12. ran off a cliff 13. ate lama 14. got lost in a desert with two litres of water on a consistently breaking bike with a tube of Pringles 15. slid through the snow on my stomach wearing a penguin onsie, like a real penguin, though slightly more intoxicated 16. met a busking Elmo in the streets of Melbourne 17. knocked a wall down in my house 17. went wine tasting but only tasted the most expensive wines 19. played netless badminton 20. shot and got bitten by zombie hordes
- went on four science fieldtrips 2. met my (current) boyfriend on one of those fieldtrips 3. went overseas with said boyfriend 4. had two operations within a month 5. joined the gym 6. lost fifteen kilograms 7. got my P’s (only three years after everyone else) 8. wore my first corporate suit 9. smashed my phone screen with a laptop 10. caught Ed Sheeran’s guitar pick 11. travelled for seventeen hours to look at dirt 12. developed a love for triple cream brie 13. went to my first AFL game 14. went to my first NRL game 15. grew tomatoes 16. went to a ball 17. became the cover girl for my university’s law school 18. kissed a girl 19. got very awkward sunburn marks 20. ate at a fancy restaurant, twice.